Information of phenotypes is scattered in multiple and disperse samples data repositories. Not all the phenotype data repositories have a programmatic interface and the existing variety of programmatic interfaces are diverse and changeable.
- Relay on the metadata description defined by the ELIXIR plant use case
- Automate the ingestion of sample metadata from phenotype data repositories into registries via Bioschemas.
- Engage and help data providers to test and adopt the exposure of phenotype metadata with Schema.org via Bioschemas.
- Make registries like TransPlant compliant with Schema.org via Bioschemas.
- Focus on plant phenotypes but consider a general definition of phenotype taking into account different types of phenotypes. eg. biomedical phenotypes, mouse phenotypes, ...
The Phenotypes Group is open to any organization or individual willing to contribute to the goals of this group. To become a member please follow the instructions to "Join a group".