Most dataset repositories and registries of dataset do not provide structured data easily crawlable by search engines. Registries like DataMed, OMICsDI and BioSamples do automated ingestion of content mainly through APIs but not all the data repositories have a programmatic interface and the existing variety of programmatic interfaces are subject to changes which break integration workflows.
- Facilitate the ingestion of datasets metadata from data repositories (databases) into search engines and dataset registries like OMICsDI and DataMed via Bioschemas
- Automate the linking of datasets metadata to samples in dataset registries like Biosamples, and identify cases where samples are missing or metadata is absent.
- Engage and help data providers to test and adopt the exposure of dataset metadata Bioschemas
- Contribute to increase the number of indexed data repositories via Bioschemas.
- Make dataset registries compliant with Bioschemas.
The Datasets Group is open to any organization or individual willing to contribute to the goals of this group. To become a member please follow the instructions to "Join a group".
- Susanna A Sansone, University of Oxford, UK
- Alasdair Gray, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK
- Alejandra Gonzalez-Beltran, University of Oxford
- Anil Wipat
- Carole Goble, University of Manchester
- Dan Timmons
- Ethy Cannon
- Guillermo Calderon Mantilla
- Haydee Artaza
- Jeffrey Grethe
- Justin Clark-Casey, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- Liz Williams
- Niall Beard, University of Manchester
- Nicolas Le Novère
- Peter McQuilton, University of Oxford
- Philippe Rocca-Serra, University of Oxford
- Rafael C Jimenez
- Susheel Varma
- Vicky Schneider